1. Our Superbond Adhesive is a two component 100% solid epoxy resin system designed for adhesive bonding and the “fitting and fairing” of a wide variety of substrates including wood, metal, glass and composite plastics.
2. Our standard activator has a working time of 50 – 60 minutes at 77°F. Full cure time is 8 hours.
3. Our medium activator has a working time of 20 – 30 minutes at 77°F. Full cure time is 4 hours.
4. Our fast activator has a working time of 8 – 10 minutes at 77°F. Full cure time is 2 hours.
5. If the product has cured hard and tack free, a light sanding and solvent wash may be necessary before re-coating.
1. The 1 to 1 Activator can be used for non structural components. It is not recommended for structural repairs.
2. The 2 to 1 Activator is used for more open time. It has a longer pot life and can be used for water barriers.
3. The 3 to 1 Activator is a good general purpose epoxy and will bond to steel or aluminum.
4. The 4 to 1 Activator has the best general strength and tends to be harder and stiffer.
5. The 5 to 1 Activator is highly reactive and is generally used for blister repair.
1. General purpose resin is excellent for laminating with fiberglass, kevlar and carbon reinforcements.
2. Pigment can be added to this resin, but the maximum is 3%.
3. The ideal temperature is at 77° F. Best results for this product can be obtained at temperatures between 70 and 85 degrees F, in a clean, dry, dust free environment.
4. The thinner the fiberglass, the less chemical reaction you will have. The thicker the fiberglass the less hardener you will need because you will generate more heat and have more chemical reaction, but never go below 1%.
5. To get a complete cure, you will need to add sanding aid to the resin or spray PVA over it, while it is still hot.
1. High quality paintbrushes and rollers will yield the smoothest surface upon application.
2. If you want to prolong your working time, you can chill the brushable gelcoat down to 60°F.
3. Spray guns that have a 2.0 nozzle or bigger can be used to spray brushable gelcoat.
4. Brushable gelcoats are intended for use under controlled industrial conditions and are not recommend to be used below 65°F.
1. Polyester resins have a shelf life of 3 months, when kept at temperatures of 77°F or below.
2. MEKP catalyst is recommended for use with this product to work properly.
3. We do not recommended cutting back on the MEKP catalyst.
4. As the weather gets warmer outside, chilling the product will give you more working time.