When Bill Higman moved to Florida and bought Fiberglass Coatings, Inc. in 1990, FGCI was a 45 year-old “Mom and Pop” shop made up of five employees and three parrots. But Bill had a vision of turning this small local shop into a competitive composites company.
In 20+ years of ownership, Bill has grown FGCI to the largest composites distributor in Florida, serving hundreds of thousands of customers in diverse industries ranging from marine to amusement to construction, and everything in-between. FGCI is now a multi-location company with over 70+ employees, 100,000 square feet of warehousing, and a fleet of delivery trucks.
We understand composite materials and the projects they relate to, allowing us to provide superior service, pricing, and products to our customers. Our dedication to meeting the needs of our customers—from the individual hobbyist, to major manufacturers of composite fabricated products—has driven us to provide a wide range of services including:
- Chemists on-staff to create custom product formulations
- Gelcoat color matching, created on-site using our photospectrometer
- Provide outside sales support and competitive pricing to our resellers
- Private labeling services and toll production
- A technical staff with years of hands-on experience available to walk you through the steps and products needed to make your dream project a reality
- The largest selection of composite materials available to customers
Our product line features a complete inventory of polyester and epoxy resins, gelcoats, fiberglass fabrics, and coring materials, as well as all of the equipment and supplies necessary to achieve your goals, whether a resale giant or a DIY consumer.
You’ll love our personalized service and the great selection we offer. We consistently provide top-quality products, support, and know-how, making us the composite supply source you can trust.