1. Vinylester Resin requires 2% MEK-P every time it is used in order to cure properly.
2. The maximum heat temperature is 220°F.
3. This product can be used to help gelcoat bond with epoxy.
4. The ideal temperature is at 77°F. Best results for this product can be obtained at temperatures between 70°F and 85°F, in a clean, dry, dust-free environment.
5. Do not go over 1/8” in thickness. More than 1/8” in thickness will generate too much heat.
1. When spraying gelcoat, we recommend using spray guns with 2.0 nozzles or bigger.
2. We recommend chilling the gelcoat down to 70°F to prolong the working time.
3. Before using gelcoat, it must be stirred/agitated. The use of a mechanical agitator is preferred. Do not whip air into the gelcoat.
4. Gelcoat is suited for a broad range of high quality, open-mold, lay-up applications including boats/yachts, swimming pools, sanitary ware, sinks, recreational vehicles, commercial/mass transit vehicles and industrial components.
5. Apply in smooth brush strokes yielding a wet film thickness of 18-20 mils. Gelcoat can be brushed, poured, rolled or sprayed .
1. High quality paintbrushes and rollers will yield the smoothest surface upon application.
2. If you want to prolong your working time, you can chill the brushable gelcoat down to 60°F.
3. Spray guns that have a 2.0 nozzle or bigger can be used to spray brushable gelcoat.
4. Brushable gelcoats are intended for use under controlled industrial conditions and are not recommend to be used below 65°F.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FIBERGLASS COATINGS INTRODUCES NEW SEA HAWK PRODUCT LINE
(March 24, 2015 – St. Petersburg, FL) Locally owned Fiberglass Coatings Inc. has
announced that they will be carrying Sea Hawk paints and coatings. Established in 1978, Sea Hawk is a leader in high-quality performance marine finishings. Sea Hawk, manufactured by New Nautical Coatings Inc., will bring a range of products including environmentally-friendly options for fresh and salt water that will eliminate leeching of copper compounds into the environment (copper-free, solvent-free and tin-free) and prevent air pollution with 80% lower volatile organic compounds than solvent-based paint.
Designed to protect against the extreme fouling conditions of the gulf coast, the Sea Hawk line is strong enough to withstand the unique challenges of any region. The listing of the top-of-the-line, quality tested, Sea Hawk products Fiberglass Coatings will now carry includes: epoxy resin, epoxy filler, primers, self-polishing copolymer antifouling paints, hard modified epoxy antifouling paints, copper-free paints, cleaners, reducers and solvents
ABOUT FIBERGLASS COATINGS
Fiberglass Coatings provides products and support to individuals and to major manufacturers of composite fabricated products alike. The company offers a wide array of products such as abrasives, acrylics, adhesives, caulks, catalysts, epoxies, fiberglass, fillers, foams, gelcoats, polyesters, putties, reinforcements, releases, solvents, tools and much more. Fiberglass Coatings offers regional delivery via truck weekly in the state of Florida. We also offer an
online store at http://www.fgci.com.