1. General purpose resin is excellent for laminating with fiberglass, kevlar and carbon reinforcements.
2. Pigment can be added to this resin, but the maximum is 3%.
3. The ideal temperature is at 77° F. Best results for this product can be obtained at temperatures between 70 and 85 degrees F, in a clean, dry, dust free environment.
4. The thinner the fiberglass, the less chemical reaction you will have. The thicker the fiberglass the less hardener you will need because you will generate more heat and have more chemical reaction, but never go below 1%.
5. To get a complete cure, you will need to add sanding aid to the resin or spray PVA over it, while it is still hot.
1. Polyester resins have a shelf life of 3 months, when kept at temperatures of 77°F or below.
2. MEKP catalyst is recommended for use with this product to work properly.
3. We do not recommended cutting back on the MEKP catalyst.
4. As the weather gets warmer outside, chilling the product will give you more working time.